Get Your Copy Today!

Posted by mike On July 29, 2009

My photography book Where Skies Burn is now available on Lulu.com and Amazon Marketplace. Lulu even offers a few-page preview. This is a collection of some of my favorite pics from my year living in Namibia. I did all the photography and design myself so it's almost like having me sitting on your coffee table! Donate to my starving artists fund by picking up your copy today. Show it off to all your friends, or better yet, buy one for all your friends. They'll love you for it! Thanks for your support. I know you'll enjoy it!

Where Skies Burn cover

A true southern experience

Posted by mike on Monday, October 12, 2009 at 8:33 PM
So I finally found my first job in the area. It's only a weekend contract job, but work is work. This weekend I'll be at Lowe's Motor Speedway taking fan photos during the NASCAR race here in Charlotte. Basically it'll be two full days of wandering around taking photos of crazy redneck NASCAR fans who've been camping here in their RVs all week, half of whom will probably be drunk through the whole thing anyway (not to stereotype or anything!). Then afterward they can go online and purchase their photo if they like. All in all it should be fun, getting paid to take pictures, can't beat that! Plus free admission to the race...woohoo...I'm trying to contain my excitement...how unfortunate that this blog post can't communicate my sarcasm...I mean, enthusiasm. :)

3 Response to "A true southern experience"

  1. Meegan Said,

    sweet - those people are always wandering around Fenway - bugging me to have a picture at the most important time of the game. Enjoy - NASCAR :)

     

  2. germaine Said,

    let me just say... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

     

  3. that's hilarious!! i would love to know your thoughts on the experience after the fact. haha! have fun!

     

Post a Comment